Can we use XML to delete a GPRS APN?

// Expert user has replied.
J Jon Preedy 3 years 5 months ago
1 4 0

Interesting one. I have a customer who needs to deploy a new GPRS APN to their fleet of devices. They have no management, so they want to make it as simple as possible. Can we use XML provisioning to delete an existing APN and create a new one? Or if not delete, can we edit an existing APN to have the desired attributes using XML? Otherwise I'm looking at a script... any other suggestions? Thanks! -JP

Please Register or Login to post a reply

4 Replies

H Herbert De Jong

Just adding some samples of GPRS entries by XML provisioning  including changing My Work to My ISP

J Jon Preedy

Wow... awesome response guys! Thanks heaps for the help!!! -JP

E Efkan YILMAZ

Hi, you can use the attached three _setup.xml files. Tested on MC75. _setup.xml.1 -> creates an Connection profile "TEST" _setup.xml.2 -> Changes the APN for Connection profile "TEST" _Setup.xml.3 -> deletes the Profile "TEST" Hope this helps. Thomas

E Efkan YILMAZ

I have attacted a template that will delete the APN and then add -Test.XML. Inlcuded is a simple command file that will build the XML into a .cpf file using makecab.exe I have also inlcuded examples of how to query the current settings (use Rapiconfig.exe or the API DMProcessConfigXML - script commands for this) also included examples of how to setup/query exceptions and proxy settings.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?