Ap300 adoption by RFS7000 via Wanlink

// Expert user has replied.
s sun zhiguo 3 years 5 months ago
3 6 0

Hi Team, My customer want to use RFS7000 to adopt 26 Ap300s through Wan link with 2MB limited bandwidth. Could someone tell me how many bandwidth needs about this frastructure ? And how to evaluate the bandwidth of MU and AP for Wlan design? If you have some resouce and experience, pls do me a favor. thanks zhiguo

Please Register or Login to post a reply

6 Replies

E Efkan YILMAZ

If WISPE is used here, then you should remember that in order to get quality roaming between APs you might need lots of bandwith, but this is really depending your application.I got the info below from our wireless specialits.The following layer 3 scenarios should be noted, as they directly impact roaming quality:

• If the layer 3 link bandwidth is too meager, there is no way for a switch or AP to detect it until it begins to impact latency

• One might find the number of simultaneous roams becomes limited, and the quality of the roams poor (lossy). In such a situation, an infrastructure implementing Diffserv could be helpful.

• WISPE requires a minimum bandwidth of 10 Mbps between the switch and the WiAP to operate without substantial degradation in roaming quality

s sun zhiguo

Hi , But we test the RFs6000 L3 adoption at the same condition. It is only 30kbps upsteam to AC. But RFS7000 L3 adoption is 70kbps. That means firmware is affected this rate . Is it right? Hope someone can test in your condition. zhiguo

s sun zhiguo

Thanks, According to your document. 26Aps will only occupy (15k)*26=390k.. So 2MB-0.39MB(390K)=1.61Mb should be left.  Is it right? zhiguo

O Oliver Wolff

Zhinguo, theoretically this is correct if nothing else happens on the line and the ISP really (!) provides these speeds. Moreover make sure you have a syncronous connection (which is 2MBit upstream AND 2MBit downstream) Oliver

s sun zhiguo

Hi, Ok, My customer is using this frastructure now. But we encouter the problem.Total are 26 Aps,average connecting to 2 wired switchers(Cisco WS-C3560-24PS). All Aps are successful to adpot by RFS7000 remotely.(Via Wan link).  Also we don't run any other Mus in this testing. The result is that we get the bandwidth is 200kbps for one Ap. More than 15kbps??? Do you have some suggestion to find out the reason? "5 minute input rate 265000 bits/sec, 159 packets/sec " Thanks zhiguo

C Chris Frazee

Please review the following document, this should answer your questions. Chris Frazee

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?