Scanner and Camera

P Paulo Takahashi 3 years 5 months ago
2 2 0

Hi friends, Based on our devices that have scanner and camera, for instance MC75xx / MC55xx, I need to run scanner and camera at same time, I mean, I'd like to keep running the DATAWEDGE and when necessary I need to use the camera to take some pictures without turn off the DATAWEDGE. Actually, the camera works only after exiting DATAWEDGE. I'll appreciate any help that you can give me. Regards, Paulo

Please Register or Login to post a reply

2 Replies

K Kyle McGee

You may also want to use this work around.  If you are using DW3.0 or later.
1. Create a Profile (Profile1)

(DW Tray - Advanced Configuration - Profiles - Add new) 2. Add Picture Taking application as the profile application. (DW Tray - Advanced Configuration - Profiles1 - Applications - Add "pimg.exe") 3. Disable the Profile which was created (Profile1 - Eanbled - untick this) 4. go back and save it.

5. Change the Profile selection to Auto (Advanced Configuration - Settings - Profile Selection - Auto) 6. Save it

Now when you invoke Pictures and Video Application it should disable the scanner and you should be able to take a picture.

For all other applications except pimg.exe barcode scanning should work.

E Efkan YILMAZ

I had the same problem with another customer. The Camera and the Scanner on our devices can't be active at the same time.  They share a input port on the processor and must be multiplexed.  This was the response that I received from ECRT when I asked the question. If you want to use the Camera and the DataWedge in the same application, then you can use the DataWedge's SDK to send Enable/Disable messages to the DataWedge. Thus, you'd send an "Disable" to the Wedge, take your picture, and then send an "Enable" to the Wedge from the application.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?