MC75 IrDA

F Faisal Qureshi 3 years 5 months ago
54 4 0

Oct 13, 2009 1:00pm MC75 WM 6.1 BSP 35 1988569 Is it possible to use WriteFile() and ReadFile() for IrDA on COM4: to send and receive data?  I have an application that uses these functions that works fine on COM3: for IrDA, but no data is being communicated on COM4:.  I also have the BEAM connection setting disabled so that it would be possible to open COM4: with CreateFile(). Thanks.

Please Register or Login to post a reply

4 Replies

K Kenneth Ryan

COM 3 is according to the ICG IRCOMM Port.  COM 4 is Raw IRDA. Look at this link. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa916572.aspx

P Paxton Leiny

The ICG IRCOMM Port indicates that COM3 is active.  Component 4 is Raw IRDA. Browse this site basketball stars

p patrick rall

I have found it very useful to understand the configuration and possible problems when trying to communicate over IrDA on different COM ports. You have clarified well the difference in behavior between COM3 and COM4, ​​as well as the importance of disabling the BEAM setting. This will be very beneficial for those facing similar problems. creditos rapidos con asnef

p patrick rall

I have found it very useful to understand the configuration and possible problems when trying to communicate over IrDA on different COM ports. You have clarified well the difference in behavior between COM3 and COM4, ​​as well as the importance of disabling the BEAM setting. This will be very beneficial for those facing similar problems. creditos rapidos con asnef

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?