MC7094/WM6.1

// Expert user has replied.
H Howard Laser 3 years 5 months ago
0 3 0

12:30/10-19-2009MC7094WM6.11975114                         Has anyone tested the
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Motorola\WMHLPR\POWER_MANAGED]"HandleState1"=dword:00000000 ; Handle Poweron"HandleState0"=dword:00000001 ; Handle poweroff
From SPR 16523

(WIFI unexpectable turned on by MS Connection Manager after HSDPA or GPRS is temporarily out of range )

on an MC7094/WM6.1...or is this behavior limited to the MC75/WM6.1?

Please Register or Login to post a reply

3 Replies

H Howard Laser

Thanks, Dave....one more question ..according to the SPR this fix "will prevent the OS fromrecognizing the WLAN radio as a network interface. Because of this theOS will not attempt to communicate to the server through this path" Can you think of a simple way to test this if I add this fix to an MC70/6.1 without an activated WAN account?

D David Meyer

I didn't work on the SPR, so I don't know for sure, but I think after this registry change, WiFi will either not be in the Wireless Manager list of adapters to power on and off, or it just won't be able to be powered on and off... I don't know for sure though. -Dave

D David Meyer

I don't believe that anyone has tried it, but I do believe that the same key should have the same functionality. -Dave

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?