Hearing reports that the CN50 is kicking the MC75s butt...

// Expert user has replied.
J Jon Preedy 3 years 5 months ago
1 4 0

Team... Just wondering if anyone else is hearing similar feedback. For the second time in as many days, I've just been told that the CN50 outperforms the MC75 almost 2 to 1 in some cases... which beggars belief in my opinion as the MC75 has the same amount of RAM and a better CPU! Now, I don't know what metrics we're getting our butts handed to us on just yet, but this reeks of the faulty NAND microcontroller firmware from the MC70... has anyone else seen any similar feedback? If so, how did we win? Cheers, -JP

Please Register or Login to post a reply

4 Replies

M Meredith Davison

Here in the southeast we've seen Intermec put a very expensive, very fast ATP micro-SD card in their devices for demo/pilot purposes, and then set the stage that their device performs much better than ours....tested by reading and writing large files to the card. Once we changed the cards to be equal, the performance was similar, so the playing field was leveled out on that point. Check to determine exactly how they are measuring the performance.

J Juan-Antonio Martinez

I case "someone" can get hold of one CN50, are there some (already coded by 3rd party) benchmark applications for WM to really test the differences? First, I would not want to reinvent the wheel, but the second reason is more important: an "asseptic" third party test would be more reliable, no-one could refuse the results.

G Gene Niles

Can we get some specific examples or more details on what they are doing?

E Efkan YILMAZ

Hello Jon, Are you referring to MC70 or MC75? - It will have a performance advantage over MC70 but very much doubt the MC75. Speaking to a few partners they, are not selling the CN50 because generally the MC55 is a better fit for them and at present its £500 cheaper than the CN50.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?