scanning problem after login to Manhattan system

D Dennis Loong 3 years 5 months ago
9 3 0

Hi Team, Im using MC9090G WinCE, login to Manhattan system via remote desktop connection.  Successfully login to system but facing problem during scanning.   For example, Im scanning a barcode (8 characters) but it only shows 1 character which is not even from the barcode itself.  To rectify if the scanning is working fine, I log off from Manhattan system & scan using a notes, there is no error.  Whatever I scanned it display correctly in notes. Appreciate your feedback, thanx, Dennis 

Please Register or Login to post a reply

3 Replies

N Nagaraj L

Please provide more information... 1) Is the barcode getting scanned properly when you remote-desktop-connect to you PC/Laptop?2) Are you using DataWedge or something similar?I understood this as, a scenario where remote desktop connection is used to connect to a remote windows server. If DataWedge is being used, here are the steps to resolve this issue (from SPR17583):-As per the Datawedge 3.1 manual, When using the Remote Desktop application to run an application on a remote Windows server, certain conditions (such as a slow connection) can cause occasional keystrokes to be ignored by Remote Desktop or by the application it is running. In such cases, it is suggested to have an InterChar Delay as 20 ms, to prevent the data loss , in the Remote Desktop Session. I tested with a 20 ms InterChar Delay, that resolved the issue.Procedure to set the InterChar Delay:1) Launch DataWedge from the trayIcon.2) From the menu displayed, Select Basic Configuration.3) Select KeyStroke output ->InterChar Delay.4) Enter the value 20 in the text box and Click Save.5) Save All Settings.After setting the above value, Launch Remote Desktop Mobile and check for the data scanned.

D Dennis Loong

1) Is the barcode getting scanned properly when you remote-desktop-connect to you PC/Laptop? > Yes 2) Are you using DataWedge or something similar? > Im using Datawedge version 2. I will try using Datawedge 3.1 & see if it resolve the issue. thanx alot.

D Dennis Loong

Hi, managed to resolve the issue by changing the InterChar Delay to 30 ms & this is the only timing that works perfectly for the system. once again, thank you v m. 

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?