CB3000 deployment with dummy IP

// Expert user has replied.
Y Yoshihiro Sato 3 years 5 months ago
1 2 0

Hi Have anyone deployed CB3000 without IP or with dummy IP?If yes, how many CB3000 was on the same subnet?I could confirm the scenario below.CB3000 with dummy IP (192.168.1.211) was installed on the subnet “192.168.0.0/24”.PC(192.168.0.52) behind CB3000 was successfully connect to the wired network though AP-5131 WLAN, such as Server(192.168.0.77)My understanding is IP address for CB3000 is just for management. However, we can not disable this IP feature of CB3000.IP addresses are shortage at the customer environment, so they do not want to use their IPs for CB3000,even if they lose the management capability.

I could confirm this at the scenario below and the same topic seemed to have already been posted.But if you know the installment site, that kind of feedback would be greatly appreciated. # I do not think the number of units matter in this case, but want to know if we have the existing sites.

Although I personally think DHCP client mode does not seems to be suitable due to the unnecessary DHCP request traffic.But please let me know if you know the sencario which DHCP client mode is configured but no DHCP server is on the network,

Thanks in advance

Please Register or Login to post a reply

2 Replies

M Marcus Kurath

The dummy IP range you are using has a 24 bit mask. As a result, there are 254 addresses available for use in that range. These IP addresses will be able to talk to each other, but without a default gateway in the range and a suitably configured router, the devices could not talk to anyone outside that IP range  192.168.1.1  to   192.168.1.254

Y Yoshihiro Sato

Hi Thank you for your input. Yes, 253 x CB3000 should be installed in my scenario, from the subnet point of view. The reason I posted was the side effect if the dummy IP is configured and deployed. I do not think any issues at this stage. But the existing deployment ifnormation or know issues, if we have, would be helpful.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?