Mobile Device Center Drivers

// Expert user has replied.
A Anthony Ambler 3 years 5 months ago
0 3 0

Hello All,I have a customer with an issue that Motorola units will not sync on Vista's MobileDevice Center. They claim that their WM phones are working just fine. WhenMobile Device Center attempts to download the driver from the internet itfails. The question that I need to get answered is where is this driver for our units for MobileDevice Center coming from and where is it stored? Is it something that resideson a Microsoft server somewhere? Do we build this driver and provide itto Microsoft?The driver in question is the Motorola RNDIS USB driver that Mobile Device Center attempts to download from the internet, and if it fails it asks you to search for this driver locally on your PC. Thanks,Tony

Please Register or Login to post a reply

3 Replies

G Gene Niles

I never heard of MDC this til now but accroding to the URL I found ( http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/en-us/downloads/microsoft/device…) this is vista version of activeSync. I do not think we supply a USB driver on the PC side for this nor do I know if we should. My guess is that the device may be in USB host mode and the PC is looking for client driver to understand how to sync to this. I am not sure who would handle this but does look like a question for either microsft or the product team. Have anyone seen a case where this works? If so, try looking at device manager on the PC to see what drivers are loaded.

G Gene Niles

not sure if this will help but take a look at http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/en-us/help/synchronize/device-ce… specifically "My device is not able to connect." and the link it points to.

M Mark Mann

Tony, Have you tried the following: Start/Settings/Connection/USBtoPC and enable advanced network functionality?  This settings appears to work for me much better on my Vista PC when checked.  Also you might want to check what version of MDC they're running as there are two versions 32bit or 64bit.  It may require them to uninstall and re-install. Cheers, Mark Mark

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?