LOCK function and Activesync conflict?

// Expert user has replied.
N Neville Harty 3 years 5 months ago
1 4 0

Has anyone had any issues using the LOCK function. We have devices showing a 'device error' after unlocking devices. The radio card is also unavailable after this device error and the only way to recover is warm booting the device. We are suspecting a conflict somehow with the Activesync session trying to connect when the device is unlocked. The device is an MC70 running WM6.1 (5.02.19590)(01.09)

Please Register or Login to post a reply

4 Replies

A Andrea Sada

Hi I have just seen this happen on one of my demo MC5574.s

A Anthony Ambler

Neville, We currently have a similar issue with a large customer here in EMEA where they get a device.exe error on the MC70 WM6.1 and then the WLAN gives an unavailable adapter error and the unit needs to be warm booted to recover. Please see SPR17592 (closed) and SPR17681 (open) where we are currently working on this issue. If you think you are seeing the same issue then please open a support case and have your customer added to this SPR. Tony

N Neville Harty

It definetely appears to be the same issue as you have been seeing. We have been on a tangent for the past few weeks blaming the Wavelink enabler, and have only just narrowed it down to exclude the Wavelink enabler as the cause.  I will get this logged as a call first thing tomorrow morning. The customers test environment has only one AP (Cisco), and the units are in a good coverage area when testing.  The customer had already started piloting the solution in 8 stores, and some have been running for weeks now without problems, yet others see the problem regularly. The rollout of 300 units to the remaining 150+ stores has been stopped until this is resolved, and the customer is starting to lose patience. 

A Andrea Sada

Hi I have just seen this happen on one of my demo MC5574.s

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?