Case 2008490 TCM Questions

G Glenn Sobel 3 years 5 months ago
0 1 0

1) Time/Date - 12:06 10/06/09

2) Response time

3) Product - MC9090

4) OS Version - CE50 DCP 1.8

5) Clarify Case # 2008490 TA is asking questions about TCM, wonder if there is a resource I can search that I can research the answers. I have basic knowledge of how to create a hex image using TCM only.
Notes from Case >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Mark is creating customer hex files for a customer. Mark said that partition table typically has to be rebuilt if either the application and/or platform folders changes in size. Mark said he went into TCM tool, and made whatever changes he needed to app and plat folder (ex. adding AppCenter, script files, .NET framework, etc) However, Mark said within TCM tool, it still shows the same memory size for app/plat folder (Mark stated it is not dynamic) Mark's concern now is how he can validate that the app and/or plat partitions changed in size, because if they change, he needs to edit the partition table hex file. In addition, he needs to know how to go about allocation of the partition table hex file. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Please Register or Login to post a reply

1 Replies

H Hirokazu Haga

TCM is a tool to create Application and Platform partition image so you can decide what to include in those folders. You cannot change the size of those partitions (folders) by this tool. Partition Table defines the starting address and size of each partition in device virtual memory and Platform team creates it for the product and we ECRT don't touch it.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?