RT-Clock Accuracy - Possible to use time from GPS

F Fred Baker 3 years 5 months ago
1 1 0

Team, A customer writes me:
Hi Fred,

I've checked the documentation of MC9500-K because of my own interest.

What I've found gets me down ;o)

We're in 2009 but it seems that this professional mobile computer has still no RTC (realtime clock) on board.

Is that right?

With HC700 we've had a lot of problems because of clock-deviations after warm-boots.

A daily clock-sync. and a RTC-module will allow to have only very small deviations between tackles.

(Within deutsche-post this is an issue because of the small acceptance-zone (deviation) of 1 minute for postal collection within the times stated is acceptable.) ====================================================================== This brings up the question whether the GPS data stream which contains a very accurate timeclock can be used to keep the MC9500 clock more accurate (within a second)? Thanks for the input, Fred Baker

Please Register or Login to post a reply

1 Replies

E Efkan YILMAZ

The MC95 does have a real time clock. Yes, you can extract the date/time from the GPS the date/time is in the $GPRMC string - its in UTC. - This is a common way to sync the clock.  You could also use the NITZ time (WAN/GSM) if the carries supports it - enabled by default on MC95

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?