how to prevent users from turning off the backlight on MC75

A Afshin Mansoorieh 3 years 5 months ago
3 2 0

We have a customer who has a fleet of MC75s in the field.  Users sometimes hit the zero/backlight key by accident and cause the backlight to go off which makes look like the unit is off so they just reboot it.  Does anyone have a reg-file that would disable the zero/backlight key so that the backlight can NOT be turned off? Thanks, afshin

Please Register or Login to post a reply

2 Replies

E Efkan YILMAZ

There isn't any registry key which will disable the Backlight key on the keyboard. One possibility is to modify the keyboard .rmt file and remove the key from the remap table that the keyboard driver uses.  You can contact support to find the location of the keyboard SDK for the MC75.  I'd send you the files, but I don't have that SDK in my possession (I do have the ones for the MC9090, 9060, and 55). Hope this helps.

E Efkan YILMAZ

Afshin,  You could try the attached remap files for a QWERTY MC75 - just unzip them to \Application and clean boot to install. The lamp key is remapped to produce a 0 i.e. lamp is disabled and 0 is available in both unshifted and orange shift modes. Best Regards, Ian Hatton EMb EMEA

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?