CN50 Quality Issues?

// Expert user has replied.
J Jon Preedy 3 years 5 months ago
0 2 0

Team... We're starting to hear rumour that Intermec is initiating a recall on the CN50 do to some hardware issue... not sure how it's going to play out yet, but we have one customer where they are definitely pulling units back from the field. Just curious... is this being seen anywhere else? Do we have any intel as to what is going wrong? Cheers, -JP

Please Register or Login to post a reply

2 Replies

M Mark Mann

Team, The last issue I heard 2 months ago was that there was a problem with the way they installed the display so it was causing a bubble in the middle of the display.  Anyone else have any G2 information regarding other findings? Cheers, Mark

J Jeff Hayes

Team, It's confirmed.  We just had an Ex-Intermec guy join our team.  He's still getting set up with his PC and all the websites so I'll relay his info below.  Please reach out to Scott Pugh directly if you have any follow up questions.  Scott didn't have any percentages but he said he'll continue to keep us in the loop on the bubble issue if he hears anything.  Here's his insight.  Thanks Scott! " The bubble is real.  Also, there has been a known charging circuit failure due to a resistor in the circuit that is out of tolerance.  It will require units exhibiting the symptom in the field to be returned to the factory.  If a CN50 displays a yellow or amber light when plugged into the charger, the resistor is bad.  I don't know the percentage of units that are impacted but I would estimate about 2 out of 10 because of our 10 demo units two or three of them ended up with that symptom.  The circuit is internal to the CN50 itself and not in the charger (just for clarification).  The light should be green for charged or red for charging.  Yellow is always bad and can not be fixed in the field."

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?