WS5100 V3 Active/Standby Configuration

Y Yoshihiro Sato 3 years 5 months ago
7 1 0

Hi

Could you please tell how to configure WS5100 V3 redundancy as WS5100 V2? (Active/Standby)

Please let me know url or document if we have the material, like HOW-TO..

The customer is using WS5100 v2. (Primary & Standby)

As the heartbeat setting is configured for both ETH1 and ETH2, the redundancy feature is working correctly.

Now this customer is considering the upgrade to WS5100 V3. (They tested with V3.2.0.0-040R)

They can configure Primary and Standby, as same as V2.

However, they can configure one Redundancy Switch IP for each WS5100.

In this case, the redundancy did not work as WS5100 V2. (See below)

Now ETH1 is for AP300 and ETH2 is for RON.

If ETH1 IP is configured as Redundancy Switch IP, ETH1 disconnect scenario is OK.

However, Primary ETH2 disconnecting scenario causes that AP300 is never adopted by Standby WS5100.

(Standby WS5100 is running as Standby because Redundancy member is connected...)

If ETH2 IP is configured as Redundancy Switch IP, ETH2 disconnect scenario is OK.

However, Primary ETH1 disconnecting scenario causes that MU can not communicate to RON.

(Primary WS5100 is running as Primary and adopting AP3000 because Redundancy member is connected...)

Thanks in advance

Please Register or Login to post a reply

1 Replies

A Andre Gandolfo

Hi Y. Sato, Now the concept is different. It's called Cluster. The Both, primary and secundary WS5100 work together. It´s more e efficient. With clustering you get load balancing, balancing AP and the failure of one of the WS5100 the another assume the control much more quickly . Here you can get the manual I do to configure WS5100. In this manual you found both, Cluster and Redundancy but I recommend CLUSTER. Now you can clustering the Wireless Switch. I hope help you

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?