Is there a way for a developer to communicate directly to the DCR7X00-100R?

// Expert user has replied.
T Thomas Panariello 3 years 5 months ago
0 3 0

Hi All, I received this question from a partner who's starting some development work on a DCR7X00-100R to MC75 solution. Is there anything available that will allow a developer to communicate directly to the DCR? I took a look at the EMDK and samples and looked like in order to use the EMDK I will have to deploy the related dlls to the device just to use some of the functions.

Do you have a lower level api documentation that allows me to talk direct to the DCR7x00 card readers?

Something like connect to COM1, send command '0x11' and read the port for result, etc. Thanks!!

Please Register or Login to post a reply

3 Replies

J Jon Preedy

I had a similar but different situation with the MSR7XXX a few months back. A customer was migrating from Intermec, and the Intermec MSR can be called just by opening a COM port and listening. We are not able to interact directly with the MSR - we need to use the APIs, so I would suggest the DCR is the same given that it's a more complex device.

P Prashanth Kadur

If you are using EMDK for C to target MC75 and DCR7000-100, you need have to install any additional DLLs.  Make sure to use the latest BSP on MC75. EMDK for .NET and EMDK for Java do require installing additonal DLLs on the device. 

P Prashanth Kadur

Oops, a typo in my previous reply.  It should read as folows: If you are using EMDK for C to target MC75 and DCR7000-100, you need NOT have to install any additional DLLs.  Make sure to use the latest BSP on MC75. EMDK for .NET and EMDK for Java do require installing additonal DLLs on the device. 

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?