MSP package definitions

// Expert user has replied.
A Afshin Mansoorieh 3 years 5 months ago
3 2 0

Some of the recent posts contained great detailed descriptions of “abup30 detached”.  Do we have any documentation that describes the rest of the built-in packages that come with MSP 3.3? What they do, how they behave and some use-case scenarios for them?

As an example, I used to have a bundle with abup30, debug30, getadapters and remotecontrol which I called MSPUpdate. It was great for grtting a new out-f-box devices under MSP control for a demo. But in MSP 3.3, there are multiple versions of many packages and as mentioned in other posts the MPA 1.5 devices have newer ab-clients, so any advice on creating an update process for newer devices is greatly appreciated, as well.
thanks,

Please Register or Login to post a reply

2 Replies

E Efkan YILMAZ

Hi, chapter 9 of the MSP documentation "Understanding_MSP3.3.pdf" explains all Control Modules in detail. CU Thomas

A Allan Herrod

Afshin; When you say "there are multiple versions of many packages", in MSP 3.3, can you ellaborate?  Aside from abup30, which for the first time has multiple versions, there should be no other packages that have multiple versions compared to prior versions of MSP. With regard to abup30, the MSP Blog has provided an additional explanation of when to use each version, including a flowchart.  The MSP Blog can be found at: http://compass.mot.com/cgi/open/339292436. If you are working with an MSP System that has been upgraded from one or more prior versions of MSP to MSP 3.3, then you will likely have multiple versions of packages where built-in packages have been updated.  For the first time, the MSP 3.3 Release Notes now lists the changes in Control Module versions that happened between MSP 3.2.1 and MSP 3.3.  So, if you have multiple versions due to upgrade, you can use that as a reference to see what is new in the updated versions that came with MSP 3.3. As a general rule, however, it is recommended that the latest version be used whenever there are multiple versions.  However, when upgrading, you may want to continue to use the old version until you have fully tested and certified the new version.  When an upgrade is done to a new version of MSP, this is why the old package versions are kept and why existing Bundles are not automatically converted to use the new versions. If there are other packages with multiple versions, aside from what is listed above, please let me know and I will try and provide additional detail. Allan

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?