Potential MC3000 Cust - Needs Password MGMT

// Expert user has replied.
K Kenneth Haley 3 years 5 months ago
0 2 0

Hello I have  a potential MC3000 customer who, for PCI compliance, uses LEAP/EAP infrastructure to ace passwords every 90 days.  With our Fusion stack on our Mobile computers we can't facilitate the changing of passwords, especially once the password has expired. The back end consists of a Funk Radius server connected to Active Directory.  If anyone has dealt with this type of environment before I would love to hear your resolution. WHY do they do this: Apparently they use a single AS400 to do everything, the application they use to do inventory mark downs also holds credit card information. PCI requires password changes every 90 days.

Please Register or Login to post a reply

2 Replies

D David Meyer

This would be a new feature, so you should open a GRIP or Custom Product Request to have someone look into this.  I have heard other account teams ask about this before, so there may be other sales opportunities that this feature would assist. -Dave

M Mario Di Pasquo

You may want to look at MSP 3.3 as a possible solution.   MSP 33's new "detached jobs" functionality allows you to push jobs to mobile units and have them wait for certain conditions (such as a particular date) before running / installing the job. You can have MSP 33 push a job to your customer's terminals in advance and have the job launch on the 1st of each month (or whenever the infrastructure changes take place) .  The job would then deliver new WLAN settings.  If you have any questions, please contact the Motorola Support Center at 1-800-653-5350 or ems.support@motorola.com

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?