MK500/4000 PoE support status

// Expert user has replied.
N Nikolaos Mastorakos 3 years 5 months ago
5 3 0

What is the PoE support status of our current line of MKs? I know that MK500 does support PoE though nothing is mentioned in the solution builder and the MK4000 does not as mentioned in the PMBs. Could someone provide the right p/n needed for each model for PoE support? Thanks in advance.

Please Register or Login to post a reply

3 Replies

E Efkan YILMAZ

I know... :) This was actually the reason for my question to support. Seems MK500 supports them both. Also you look here http://techopsdev.mot.com:8080/TechSearch/ClarifyView.action?caseNo=193…

E Efkan YILMAZ

Nikos, As far as I know the current status is 1. MK500 supports PoE. According to datasheet it's 802.3af compliant so you may use our standard power injectors like AP - PSBIAS - 1P2 - AFR. This has been confirmed to me by support guys. And it works in reality in our installations. There was an issue though with some units when MK500 was unable to obtain DHCP address through Ethernet connection when PoE was in use. It was hardware related (see SPR #17348) and solution has been found but SPR is still open. I've got a feedback on Jan 14 that "SPR is nearly closed" and new configs were being released - but I haven't seen a PMB or something on this matter. 2. MK4000 requires more power and as such is targeted to support 802.3a t PoE standard. This feature will be added in the future releases. BR, Valery

N Nikolaos Mastorakos

Valery, the documentation for the MK500 (page 2-5) shows the original bias-t as the preferred poe for the MK500. I guess this makes things more complicated.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?