Motorola Handheld

// Expert user has replied.
M Magdy Fayez 3 years 5 months ago
0 3 0

Dear Sir i have motorola Handheld MC3000 with laser engine SE 955 Scanner. after reading 60 barcodes or 70 barcodes the laser gives error data of barcode once. for example, if i tried to read the 1234567890128 (EAN 13) for 70 times, it will give error reading 1555557890128 for one time only. any advise? anyone have any firmware for the laser scanner?

Please Register or Login to post a reply

3 Replies

A Arsen Bandurian

I would suggest to open a support case for this one. Go to support.symbol.com -> "contact support" section.

C Christopher Sather

Check you symbology configuration to make sure that I 2 of 5 is disabled (or set to the specific length or range).  If I2of5 is enabled for all lengths, you can get what appear to be mis-decodes but is really just the scanner seeing what looks like an I2of5 barcode data.

M Mihail Grenn

We had similar problems and finally after investigations we found out that the point of problem is  in poorly printed UPC/EAN barcode labels.
In order to fix this problem I advise you to programmatically set HIGHER value to "Decoder security level". This parameter tightens the decoder algorithms to prevent misreads on poorly printed UPC/EAN labels.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?