MC75 won't wake up on suspend

// Expert user has replied.
H Harry Banias 3 years 5 months ago
1 4 0

Team, My customer has noticed that some of their MC75's are going into suspend mode as per normal. The issue is, they won't wake up in any way. Generally they just push the pwr key to wake them up.   In order to get them back up again they take the battery out and wait for 5-10 mins, put he battery back in and it's OK. They are running BSP 35. Anyone seen this or know what is causing it?

Please Register or Login to post a reply

4 Replies

H Harry Banias

Ok will do. thanks for the heads up

E Efkan YILMAZ

I have seen something similiar, in that the terminal will not power on when the power key is pressed, but will wakeup in placed in cradle.  To resolve clean the contacts on the bottom of the terminal with some contact cleaner, another symptom of thsi is that you may also start seeing active sync/cradle issues. At least 2 customers in the UK have seen this issue.  There is also a fix in product hot fixes for the 'corrosion issue' which should also be applied.

G Gregory Carras

Hi Harry, It's currently a P1 SPR #17387.
http://wileyprd.symbol.com/newspr/view.idc?SprID=17387
It occurs on both MC-7596 and MC-7598. We've seen it on BSP 27, BSP 35, and even the WM 6.5 OS. Instead of removing the battery, a cold boot (1+9+Power) will reset the device. Please attach your case to the SPR.

D David Meyer

I'm not 100% sure its the same as the SPR --> You are saying they pull the battery for 5-10 minutes.  Is this resulting in a reboot, or just a resume?  If it is a reboot, the I would agree that it is probably the same issue that the SPR is for.  In this case, you could just reboot manually instead of pulling the battery. If it just resumes after putting the battery back, then something else is going on. If it is the same as the SPR, please call customer support and get your customer added to the case and SPR.  Perhaps your customer's information can help narrow down the cause.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?