Vehicle tracking/monitoring device

E Efkan YILMAZ 3 years 5 months ago
4 4 0

Hi All, I'm working with an airline customer that is interested in tracking the status and location of all their vehicles at the airport (i.e. tractors, de-icers, tugs, etc.).  They need to know where the vehicle is located (i.e. GPS) and its status (i.e. is vehicle ignition on or off to indicate that the vehicle is in use).  The information can be provided from the vehicle via either WiFi or cellular.  I had originally thought the VC6096 may work, but is overkill based on what the customer wants to do.  They are looking for more of a black box solution that just relays the vehicle location and status info back to a server.  The 'black box' will be powered from the vehicle.  Has anyone run into a similar request or may be aware of a solution that may work? Thanks, Ken

Please Register or Login to post a reply

4 Replies

E Efkan YILMAZ

Thanks Paul and Jeff.  I have a call set up with the Moto Mesh folks next week.  They may also have a solution that may work.  I'll follow up with a posting after my meeting. Ken

E Efkan YILMAZ

Hi Ken,

just ask the G&PS guys for a product called Motolocator.

This is an excellent tool and exactly doing what you are looking for... You may find some information also here: http://www.motorola.com/Business/XU-EN/Product+Lines/Dimetra+TETRA/TETR… Best regards, Angelo

E Efkan YILMAZ

Hello Ken, Contact Microlise - they have a solution for this www.microlise.com

j jeff crosby

Hey Ken, Try checking with Ralph Lieberthal.  He's got a pretty good list of these sort of things.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?