CE Core v Professional

// Expert user has replied.
S Sean Wheatley 3 years 5 months ago
2 4 0

Hi, My customer has asked whether it is feasible to move their existing MC3090 to core edition from professional edition in order to free some program memory. I guess this is an unprecedented measure in order to free up space but the question has been asked so I need to provide some sort of answer. Assuming it can be done , does anybody know what they are likely to gain?

Please Register or Login to post a reply

4 Replies

E Efkan YILMAZ

All current MC3090 CE Core models are with 64/64 memory so this should not be a problem. Please remember that you will not be able to simply reinstall/upgrade the OS on the existing units from Pro to Core - OSUpdate or hex installation will fail (at least I have been always told so, never tried). You need to install another configfile to the units. No technical problems with this as well - but someone should officially provide you or the customer with this file. Valery

A Al Henneborn

The MC3000 CE 5.0 Core image recoginizes a 32MB RAM/64MB Flash footprint.  I don't think the CE 5.0 Core OS image will recognize the larger memory footprint on the MC3090 CE 5.0 Pro configs (64/64). 

S Sean Wheatley

Thanks. My customer has a bespoke .net application and will not miss those components. They asked what space advantage might there be by moving to Core edition from Pro edition. I will try to find a terminal with each and try to compare that way but of anyone has a rough idea please advise. rgds.

E Efkan YILMAZ

Sean, From my experience the most "visible" difference for enduser is that Core does not have IE and Terminal Services client. So if your customer plans to use one of them - no go. Attached is a detailed document from MS describing differences between Core and Pro versions. Regards, Valery

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?