How to track WWAN data usage?

N Nick Zeleznock 3 years 5 months ago
1 2 0

I received this question from Pepsi.  They are trying to minimize their cellular data usage.  They pay per M.  I was thinking the smaller the MTU the more the overhead which would result in more data.  Do we have any tools to track usage? Do you have any tools that we can use to monitor gprs data usage on MC70 devices?         We are looking for options to minimize data usage for our GPRS sessions. We are doing a test application that uses HTTP and it uses .Net Connection Manager to make GPRS Connection. I can provide more details if needed.         I talked to one of the AT&T engineers  and he had mentioned about changing the Maximum Transmission Unit (MTU) to reduce data usage.  He mentioned that it is 1500 by default for MC70 and it can be set lower. Please let me know if you can get us some details about this setting.

Please Register or Login to post a reply

2 Replies

N Nick Zeleznock

Does anyone know of a way for a customer to this via their app?  Maybe a API or AT command or something?  Customer would like to maybe log via their own application. Does MTU size help change the amount of data being sent?  Is there a way to change it on the MC70/75?

E Efkan YILMAZ

Nick, SPB has a wireless monitoring application that tracks an application's data usage.  See http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/pocketpc-software/wirelessmonitor/ Ken

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?