Using certificates

// Expert user has replied.
I Ian Jobson 3 years 5 months ago
1 3 0

All, Does anyone have customers successfully utilising certificates on their Mobile computers? If so what ways do they deploy the certs to the devices both in the first instance and further down the line when certs need updating? I figure there are many ways of doing it;

MSP
AirBeam
3rd party management / mechanism
Touch each device individually

But I'd like to get a feel for how customers are doing it in the real world. Thanks IJ

Please Register or Login to post a reply

3 Replies

S Sean Wheatley

Waitrose use MSP to deploy certificates to the MC17s. This works very well and have successfully staged 7000 devices with this method. Sean.

J Justin Walther

Hi Ian For Westminster, each device had manual intervention. The steps were: 1. Set the correct date and time 2. Load a certificate install program via Activesync 3. Ensure network connection is to a PC that can see certificate server 4. Run certificate installer and enter Username & Password 5. Check that Certficate can be seen in Manage Certs screen Cheers Justin

E Efkan YILMAZ

Within TNT Post, we have used MSP to configure EAP-TLS. With MSP we are able to configure the fusion parameters correctly, but due to the fact the certificate authority at TNT Post is using a custom certificate template (named other then ClientAuth) fusion is not able to ask for the 'custom' certificate template. TNT Post has decided to make a move towards PEAP with no certificate validation towards the server. Initially, MSP is used to configure fusion, using a staging WLAN under wpa-tkip security. Updating the abup30 version to support the correct PEAP settings being configured by MSP

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?