MC75 API to read the Power Micro version

// Expert user has replied.
A Anthony Ambler 3 years 5 months ago
0 4 0

3/31/2010 3 day MC75 BSP 35 2107009 In the EMDK for C, SysInfoSample, there are API calls to read the OS, OEM and IPL versions. Is there any API call to read the Power Micro version? Customer wants to be able to report the Power Micro version on their devices back to their MSP server. Thanks, Tony

Please Register or Login to post a reply

4 Replies

G George Dellaratta

Here is a code snippet for something I wrote quite a while ago.  I didn't have an MC70 WM6.1 terminal to test it on, but I did test on an MC75A WM6.5 and it works.  So, it should work on the MC70 as well.  THERE ARE NO GUARANTEES THAT THIS CODE WILL CONTINUE TO WORK IN THE FUTURE.  I recommend that the customer implement this code for the short term only and remove it when the UpdateLoader problem is rectified.

A Anthony Ambler

Thank George! We'll give it a try here and let you know. Thanks again, Tony

G George Dellaratta

There is no documented API for a customer's application to capture the Power Micro version number. Who is the customer? Other than being complete with capturing version numbers, does the customer have a specific concern that they are trying to address?

A Anthony Ambler

Hi George, The customer is Brau Union/Heineken in Austria with teh partner Unit IT/Siemens. The problem they have is that their custom OSUpdate package is sometimes failing to update the Power Micro and custom splash screen. The OSUpdate is performed from an SD card since the units are used on a GPRS network for communication with the MSP and they have no way to tell if this update failure occurred on a unit without manually checking each unit. We currently have a separate investigation going to try and reproduce this failure and determine the root cause so as to resolve this issue completely. But for now the customer need to know which units in the field have failed in a more easier method like reporting it to MSP. Thanks again for your help. Tony

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?