Issues running Citrix application over AP7131N

// Expert user has replied.
D Daniel Teeters 3 years 5 months ago
0 4 0

Customer has installed 26 AP7131N AAP connecting to a RFS6000. The customer is running a Citrix application on Panasonic Laptops.  The issue is the Citrix applicaton has occasional slow response issues, to the point the users feel the application is unuseable.  The Motorola pings show timeouts. The customer does have one area of the facility that is using Cisco AP's and they work much better than the AP7131N. I tried to match the Cisco settings, but changing the DITIM to 1 makes it worse. We do see some strange ping times, which the customer feels is causing the problem.  (Attached) Does anyone know if there are optimal AP or Citrix settings that need to be set for Citrix to work well over wireless?

Please Register or Login to post a reply

4 Replies

R Roland Rozsa

We had similar issue but with MC9090 WM6.1 running Citrix ICA client, scanning delay issue.    We advised to customer to upgrade their server side with Hotfix Rollup Pack 3, to have good input speed with our terminals. So since they have upgraded their production server to HRP3 no more delays. regards, Roland

M Mark Mann

Hi Dan, Thoughts: Is the issue consistent all the time or sporadic?  (If consistent then maybe a setup configuatoin on the AAP or configuration on the wired port side) How does the laptop perfom when its not running Citrix and just browsing the internet? (This would at least from a high level rule out the Application if the browser is responding slow as well) Is the Citrix Application Local? (If local then should expect pings to be very good.  If pings are poor then could be a NIC configuration issue/load issue or configuration issue).  (Do you see the same performance of pings running on the Wireless MU versus the AP versus a Laptop on the wired side?) Can the \Wireless Laptop Ping the AAP? (If this pings well then we know transmission to the AP are good and not a coverage issue or interference issue at this time.) Can the Wireless Laptop Ping the local Gateway with good response time?  (If this pings well then its not a coverage issue - If latency maybe there is a misconfiguration on the wired port side)  Is the port trunked? What vlans are configured for that port?  Is the Cisco AP port configuaration the same as our AAP7131? Hope this is useful. Mark

R Robert Caporino

Daniel Looking at the files. On the Cisco wireless the client is connecting on 2.4ghz (b/g) and on Motorola it is set for 5ghz (a) only. This is not an apples to apples test. 5ghz gets about 50% of the coverage of 2.4ghz. Is the site surveyed for 5ghz coverage? Try setting client to use 2.4ghz on motorola infrastructure. I suspect that you will see comparable results. Or do the same test with the client set to 5ghz only on the cisco infrastructure

G Glenn Sayer

Dan, Are you sure that these delays are not being caused by roaming issues?  I would do a wireless trace and see if anything pops out. 

I have not heard of any issues like this with my customers that are running Citrix.  But they are all running it on Handhelds.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?