MT2070 with cradle connecting RS232, comm issues

// Expert user has replied.
E Efkan YILMAZ 3 years 5 months ago
6 2 0

I am having an issue with direct connect RS232 communication with the MT2070 and the STB2078.  I set the defaults, scan standard RS232, pair to the cradle.  Use the scan item sample, the data doesn't appear until I cycle the power supply connection on the cable or cradle.  I have a customer that needs to scan the cradle host to get communication.  This makes no sense at all as we are connected BT. I then try and send a MCL project to the unit with the same serial cable, and get no comm. I normally have to cycle the power supply again.  I am seeing very inconsistent comm with the direct connect RS232 cable.  I have tried 2 different MCL clients, but am seeing inconsistent comm with the non-MCL sample as well. Has anyone else experienced this?

Please Register or Login to post a reply

2 Replies

K Ke Zhang

If you change the RS232 cable on cradle to USB cable or vice versa, the data is not transmit to host until power cycle the cradle.  This is because the host interface cable is not recoginzed when power cable is already plugged on cradle.  Please refer to the PRG Page 1-17, the section at the bottom of the page, "Lost Connection to Host".  User has to follow the steps to plug in a new host interface cable (RS232/USB) onto cradle.  Step 4 and 5 indicate user need to plug in cable before power supply. 

C Corinne Nogueras

The latest MCL Client, P12, appears to resolve the need to cycle the power on the STB2078 when using the RS232 cable and MCL.  I upgraded my unit and was able to load a project onto it with MCL Designer, and then have the project send the data directly into hyperterminal with no power supply cycling.  This didn't work with the older clients.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?