MC9090 and black light bar code technology

// Expert user has replied.
P Pavel Bodjanac 3 years 5 months ago
2 3 0

I had a partner ask me if the MC9090 will support black light barcode technology. I believe we do not, never heard of it, googled it, and nothing came up on my search. Has anyone heard of black light barcode scanning? The customer says his application is using an invisible bar code that could be printed on a product so they do not have to put a label on the product. Thanks. Paul

Please Register or Login to post a reply

3 Replies

K Kevin Lollock

Paul, Actually, I should qualify that response a bit better... If the business case presents a valid opportunity, then you should file a CPR. Technically it is possible to be done, we just don't have the solution available today. Regards, Kevin

P Pavel Bodjanac

Thanks Kevin.Yes, I know about the UV lighting and CPR, I should have been a little more clearer in my post. I was hoping to hear if there was actually such a technology developed, if anyone else has received a request for this, and really a response from the BU as to if they had heard this request before and are considering it or not. I know your response is dating you a little, but for us young uns, we also saw Gone in 60 seconds.

K Kevin Lollock

Paul, Black Light barcodes are actually codes printed with a UV flourescent ink - it makes them glow like a black-light poster from back-in-the-day. You can't see the ink until it is illuminated by a UV source. UV diodes are commonly available and I'm sure its just a matter of time until someone makes an imager that uses them as a UV source to illuminate a symbology. To answer your question - will the 9090 ever support it - probably not. Regards, Kevin

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?