MC7596 --lockups and reboots issues

// Expert user has replied.
H Howard Laser 3 years 5 months ago
2 7 0

1) 16:45/04-08-10

2) 3-day

3) MC7596

4) WM6.1 (BSP27)

5) 2108845 GE Power Systems are reporting random lockups and reboots. I have attached a resource.csv with description of failure from customer:

15:37
04/07/10
Cell
Messaging
Device in sleep mode. Came out of sleep mode and tried to open messaging App for emails. Initated reboot.

Line 489 is what customer refers to, but I see weird things with time lapses all over the log. I have asked for the memmaps and proclists from the TA, but I would appreciate if someone could give an initial review of this and advise.

Please Register or Login to post a reply

7 Replies

H Howard Laser

Thanks, Gene

D David Meyer

I'm not sure anything from the logs with regards to the warm boot (I see it happened, but no indication of why).  About the time changes, it seems that something on the device is changing the clock via an API call.  Its likely that this customer has Fusion setup to synchronize the clock with the AP.  It may be useful to have the customer turn this feature off (and also check if there are other clock sync tools enabled) to try and recreate the problem without the clock changing.  This would just help with the logs - I wouldn't think that the warm boot is due to the clock.

H Howard Laser

Can someone please review the attached log and process list. Customer reports unit froze and initiated reboot on 04/20/2010 at around 10:04. I checked that time and starting at line 137 i noticed CPU at 100% and battery draw high. Upon checking the process list I could not find stats for the foreground process AgentryClient.exe. Any assistance woulf be appreciated in trying to determine what process was soaking up these resources.

G Gene Niles

didn't get the full snaps but it looks like they are hitting the 32 process limit. The snap you attached showed this.

G George Dellaratta

Have you looked at the logs?  Is there something specific we should be looking at to explain?

H Howard Laser

I have reviewed the logs. I am asking for someone else to look at the specific line where customer claims unit rebooted itself. It looks strange to me with the time lapses and no suspend reasons. I have asked for the complete eMscript folder,

H Howard Laser

All the proclists, memmaps, etc. are available here: ftp://174.143.35.122/eMscript/Push/SN9107520801954_MOTOROLA_MC75/Applica...

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?