LS3578 pairing to Datawedge 3 using "Serial Master"

// Expert user has replied.
S Stephen Vye 3 years 5 months ago
3 3 0

Hi All, I can get the LS3578 to connect to Datawedge ver 2 configured as a Serial Master (we prefer the serial master over HID because it does not require the user to navigate through BT Explorer from memory). We are parining the LS3578 to the MC70 fine, and the scanner beeps normally, just can't get the code to appear within the Notes document we have open. Any ideas guys? I think it's Baud rate relative, Datawedge ver 2 had Baud rate set to 115,200 and this worked (apart from an annoying preceding square character). Is thsi documented somewhere, I think I've exhausted a lot of options, but Datawedge is so configurable now, I get lost in there! Cheers Steve Vye

Please Register or Login to post a reply

3 Replies

J Jaime Weidler

Steve, This sounds like Datawedge is requiring a pre-fix delimeter as the default before allowing the data to pass though to the Notes program.  Datawedge should be configured to turn this feature off (which is probably why you are seeing the "square" that you mention).  Please call the support center and speak to an MCD technician familiar with Datawedge that can help manipulate the settings. Furthermore, this is most likely not a baud rate issue since the scanner is set in serial master.  Thanks Jaime Weidler ADC Product Manager Rugged Handheld Scanners

S Stephen Vye

Thank you for this information. I got it working on the handheld. Here is the setting that I changed on DataWedge 3.2.

Advance Configuration – Setting – Restore Default

Advance Configuration – Profiles – Profile 0- Input – Serial – Com5 – Enable

Advance Configuration – Profiles – Profile 0- Routes – Route 0 – Input – PlugIn – Serial (Checked)

J Jaime Weidler

Steve, This sounds like Datawedge is requiring a pre-fix delimeter as the default before allowing the data to pass though to the Notes program.  Datawedge should be configured to turn this feature off (which is probably why you are seeing the "square" that you mention).  Please call the support center and speak to an MCD technician familiar with Datawedge that can help manipulate the settings. Furthermore, this is most likely not a baud rate issue since the scanner is set in serial master.  Thanks Jaime Weidler ADC Product Manager Rugged Handheld Scanners

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?