WM6.1 (BSP35) How do you turn off the SMS Conversation (threading mode)?

// Expert user has replied.
H Hunter Bradshaw 3 years 5 months ago
0 7 0

Hi Team, The following reg key will disable the SMS conversation mode on the MC75/MC55 running WM6.1 (BSP27): [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Settings\OEM] "SMSInboxThreadingDisabled"=dword:1 However, this reg key will not work on devices running WM6.1 (BSP35) Any ideas on how to disable SMS conversation mode on devices running BSP35? regards, Daniel

Please Register or Login to post a reply

7 Replies

H Hunter Bradshaw

This key definately doesnt work on BSP35. The OEM folder doesn't even exist under [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Settings.  Are there any other options here? Dan

C Chandan Bettahalli

Perhaps this explanation can help you fix the issue: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Settings\OEM

Name : Type  Description  SMSInboxThreadingDisabled : REG_DWORD  A value of 0 enables SMS threading. A non-zero value disables SMS threading.  

Remarks This registry key is not present by default. Its absence is interpreted as a 0 value, enabling SMS threading. The reg key needs to be added and set to a non-zero number to turn off threading.

H Herbert De Jong

Dan, yes tested on MC7596 OEM 35 and it worked on my side  , quite strange. you regmerged correctly i assume the file, by double clicking and confirming with yes, followed with warmboot.

H Hunter Bradshaw

Hey Herbert, I actually packaged it up with the skipmerge reg key and added a soft boot. It worked on BSP27 but not on BSP35.   I will give it a go manually tomorrow. cheers, Daniel

H Herbert De Jong

Daniel, for me the key still works on OEM 35 try using this format when regmerging the key [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Settings\OEM] "SMSInboxThreadingDisabled"=dword:00000001

H Hunter Bradshaw

Hey Herbert, thanks for your reply. I will give it a try. Cheers mate. Daniel

H Hunter Bradshaw

Hey Herbert, the full dword:00000001 didn't work either. Did you test it on the MC75 (or the MC55)? cheers

Dan  

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?