Brick & Long Range Scanning

// Expert user has replied.
J Juergen Schirp 3 years 5 months ago
0 3 0

Team, is there a need in the world out there for a CE based brick devices with long range scanning? We as Motorola never are looked at in projects where LR bricks are wanted  by customers. Over here partners will always look at Intermec, Psion Teklogix, Datalogic, LXE and others, because they know we do not have this kind of product. So we do not get involved. I am running a CPR for MC95 CE6 now, but without LR scanning. A Lorax will not fit. My idea is now: Take a new MC9190 Gun (MPA2, 256MB RAM, 1GB FLASH, 800MHz CPU, Lorax SE1524, CE6, 28 or 33 key, no WAN, no WM6.x option, ...) and replace the backhousing with a new one without pistol grip and You have a brick. A dream comes true!!! Perhaps an option for a Gun Handle (just a joke!). This change would be the only difference, so no additional T&V, just another SAP number. Development costs for a brand new state of the art product would be the lowest ever. What do You think? Is or could be a need there? The projects I know of we are missing are not the highest volumes, but there are a number out there we give to competition for free without fighting. Regards Juergen

Please Register or Login to post a reply

3 Replies

G Glenn Sayer

I have lost a deal or two because of this and very well could loose another deal because the customer currently has bricks with longrange scanners in them and they like them.

E Efkan YILMAZ

juergen, I agree with you - as we do not have such a product we are out of the game from begin with. I am not aware of potential prospects for this right now - but here we are loosing against competition maybe sometimes we do not even know of it - I know that Datalogic is offering a brick-product with our lorax engine.

E Efkan YILMAZ

Yes we have had some opportunities that we lost because we did not have long range scanning in a brick form factor. One of our large customers just does not like the gun form factor even in their DCs, so as you say, we are out of the deal before we even get started.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?