MC95 BB does not read small barcode

E Efkan YILMAZ 3 years 5 months ago
1 2 0

Hello Team,

I'm having troubles with the attached barcode.

This is 1:1 scan of the real label from the back of APC device (UPS). The original is printed on some kind of glossy white film label.

MC75 (SE4400) reads both the original barcode and the attached scan printed on the laserjet.

MC95 (SE4500) does not read either of them.

I'm using Datawedge 3.1.7 on the both units with default settings plus  near focus and picklist modes enabled. OS level is BSP35 clean.

What can be the reason? Is it me or the barcode too small for the blockbuster engine?

Thanks,

Valery

Please Register or Login to post a reply

2 Replies

N Nick Zeleznock

My understanding is that the standard blockbuster doesn't support the near focus setting.  It is hardware based in the BB.  There is a different HD or DL version for smaller barcodes.  I am guessing there is not a config for the MC95 with this.

E Efkan YILMAZ

If this is the case and considering that we're moving all our MCs to BB imager - do we have (or have plans to have in foreseeable future) the MCs with HD Bloskbuster engine? Quick example - we have special PDF417 labels on the all spirits being sold in Russia. SE4400 with near focus is able to read them so we have been selling MC50 and other image-based models for this purpose. MC5590 is more or less MC50 replacement but seems MC5590 will not be able to read these labels as it has the same standard BB inside. Same for the other models. I know that MT2000 has HD config but it's not quite an MC :) Any thoughts?

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?