PEAP Username/Password

// Expert user has replied.
H Harry Banias 3 years 5 months ago
1 2 0

Team, One of my clients is running 9090's. They use a unique Username/Password per device. Is there a way to import these unique names? At the moment it's manually done which is very time consuming.   Regards Harry

Please Register or Login to post a reply

2 Replies

F Frank Barta

You could use MSP with a Dynamic staging profile to allocate unique usernames to each device based on UUID or some other unique characteristic. Otherwise, I believe you are stuck with manual configuration of the profiles.

E Efkan YILMAZ

Harry, I have a customer using SymScript to automate PEAP UserID and Password entry into their Fusion profile.  An unconfigured device will prompt the user (typically an IT administrator) with the device ID to assign.  The device ID is combined with a prefix to come up with the PEAP UserID (i.e. CHICAGO + 123 = 'CHICAGO123' for the UserID).  The customer uses the same password for all user ID's at a particular location, but that can be modified if needed.  The script then starts up the Fusion Profile editor, disables the keyboard and touchscreen to prevent the user from messing things up, and then steps through the Fusion profile making modifications to the UserID and Password fields.  The script then walks through the Fusion option to Export the profile. It's been pretty foolproof so far.  We just need to make sure we retest if we update the Fusion drivers since the script uses keystrokes (i.e. up arrow, down arrow, Tab, Enter, etc.) to navigate through the Fusion screens and sometimes new Fusion versions change things around. Ken

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?