How can I configure a MK4000 ethernet in MSP 3.3?

// Expert user has replied.
D Danny Diaz 3 years 5 months ago
0 1 0

I have some MK4000 ethernet on a network, I need to assign static IP addresses, Someone can tell me how do this with a staging with msp 3.3?

Please Register or Login to post a reply

1 Replies

A Allan Herrod

If you need to be able to Stage a device OVER Ethernet and need/want to have Staging configure Ethernet with a Static IP Address so the Staging can be done over Ethernet USING that Static IP Address, then you simply will NOT be able to do it. All settings that need to be configured DURING Staging of a network that will be used to Stage OVER, must be inherently supported by plug-ins that are built-into the device.  No plug-in that can configure an Ethernet adapter yet exists and therefore none is built-into the device.  So, there is no way that you will be able to configure the Ethernet adapter as part of Staging and then USE it as the network to Stage over. If you have some OTHER network you can Stage over, then you COULD configure the Etherent adapter as part of a Package pulled over your other Staging network.  Of course, since there is no Settings plug-in for confguring the Ethernet adapter, you would have to do the configuration of the Ethernet adapter by manually creating a .REG file to configure it and then creating and deploying a Package to merge that .REG file.  A reboot would then be required to activate the changes made in the Registry to the Ethernet network.  The network you Stage over could be anything, including Ethernet with DHCP (if that is viable), ActiveSync, WLAN, etc.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?