Ipad and Ipod touch WPA1

// Expert user has replied.
C Charles Zabroski 3 years 5 months ago
0 4 0

Has anyone connected Apple Ipad and Ipod touch to the AP5131 running WPA1?  If so did you have to make any adjustments to AP5131 for Apple devices to allow them to connect to the SSID?

Please Register or Login to post a reply

4 Replies

M Marcus Kurath

I worked with a customer in southern Ill using RFS7000 and AP5131/7131 in adaptive mode. They had  some limitations using the web hotspot authentication with the IPAD and decided to create a seperate WLAN for those users. I believe they needed to turn off encryption. To protect the enterprise  they elected to use some MAC filters and a very strict IP ACL on this WLAN  to protect their internal assets. No other special config was required

E Efkan YILMAZ

Not sure about AP5131 but I have my iphone and ipad connected to WS2000/AP300 using WPA1 without any problem. No speacial settings.

M Mario Di Pasquo

I have my iPhone 3GS connecting to an AP5131 (with 2.3.1 firmware) using WPA , WPA2-Personal and WPA2-Enterprise without any problems. 

K Kevin Marshall

If you google "apple itouch wpa issues" or "apple itouch wpa2 issues" you will see a slew of problems reported by end-users which all appear to be software related. Apple has a poor reputation when it comes to Wireless Drivers and I have personally experienced this with iBooks, iPhones and Power MACs. Each version of software behaves differently and devices that would function on WPA2 in one release will only work with WPA in the next and vice versa. My only suggestion is to recomend upgrading the iPad to the latest version.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?