Persist "MY NETWORK" setting

// Expert user has replied.
E Efkan YILMAZ 3 years 5 months ago
0 1 0

I know this has probably been answered before but I can't seem to find it on DevCentral (go figure). I have a customer with 700+ MC9060s and they want to change the default setting of "MY ISP" to "WORK NETWORK" and keep it cold boot persistent. They have tried RemCapture with no luck. Is there a reg setting that can be changed to stay cold boot persistent? That being said, is there a way to toggle between "MY ISP" and "WORK NETWORK" without having to go through the Start>Settings>....etc. process?

Please Register or Login to post a reply

1 Replies

W William Honig

SYMPTOMS:

Changing the default setting in Network Management from ‘My ISP’ to ‘My Work Network’ does not persist after a coldboot.  NOTE: This setting is accessed via the Start menu/Settings/Connections tab/Connections.

CAUSE:

In Network Management, the default setting is ‘My ISP’.

RESOLUTION:  

Create a registry file to make these changes cold boot persistent.

ACTION STEPS:

Create a text file called connections.reg containing the following:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\ConnMgr\Providers\{EF097F4C-DC4B-4c98-8FF6-AEF805DC0E8E}\HTTP-{18AD9FBD-F716-ACB6-FD8A-1965DB95B814}]

"DestId"="{436EF144-B4FB-4863-A041-8F905A62C572}"

"Enable"=dword:00000001

"Proxy"="new-inet:1159"

"SrcId"="{18AD9FBD-F716-ACB6-FD8A-1965DB95B814}"

"Type"=dword:00000000

Place the .reg file in the Applications folder to make these changes cold boot persistent.

NOTE: After a cold boot the setting may still be displayed as ‘My ISP’ but in actuality, it is set to ‘My Work Network’.  A test can be performed by connecting to the “work network” to verify this.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?