MC75 Registry Tweaks Question

// Expert user has replied.
R Reginald Corpuz 3 years 5 months ago
1 1 0

1) Time/Date - May 11, 2010: 1225 PM 2) Response time - 1 day 3) Product - MC75 4) OS Version - WM6.1 5) Clarify Case # 2135235 Question:  Would you recommend these settings for the MC75 WM6.1 to improve performance?  Or if you can provide feedback on the following registry tweaks.  Email from customer below. *****************************************************************************
The Pepsi Team has identified some Registry Keys that have proven to provide enhanced or better performance. I would like to know, if Motorola has had any issues with similar changes on the MC75 in the support case database . Please advise on the following items. 1) Increase Display Cache (Glyphcache) This will Speed Windows Mobile Pocket PC application response and today plug-ins by assigning more memory to speed up PPC’s display by assigning more resources to cache fonts and glyphs. However, this will take up a little system memory.

Navigate to [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\GDI\GLYPHCACHE]
Change the value of “limit” from 8192 (default)to 16384 or even 32768.

2) Increase Font Cache

Navigate to [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Systems\GDI\SYSFNT]
Under CS change from original 0×0(0) to 0×4000(16384 Decimal value)

3) Boost Windows Mobile performance up to 20 percent

[HKLM\System\StorageManager\FATFS] CacheSize = 4096 (Decimal Values)
[HKLM\System\StorageManager\FATFS] EnableCache = 1 (Decimal Values)

[HKLM\System\StorageManager\Filters\fsreplxfilt] ReplStoreCacheSize = 4096 (Decimal Values)

4) Speed up SD Card Transfer HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\SDCARD\ClientDrivers\Class\MMC_CLASS HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\SDCARD\ClientDrivers\Class\SDMEMORY_CLASS HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\SDCARD\ClientDrivers\Class\SDMEMORY_CLASS\High_Capacity ‘BlockTransferSize’ default is 64. By treeking these, you can make SD much more responsive. I found that changing BlockTransferSize to 16 crashed the HH and would not allow the system to boot until the StorageCard was removed. I ran with 128 for a while. I need to do timings ****************************************************************************************************

Please Register or Login to post a reply

1 Replies

G George Dellaratta

No We have not tested the performance impact of any of these registry keys. Although, this customer may see improvement, it may be that other customers will not.  Since these keys allocate more RAM to each of these components, this means that there is less RAM for others.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?