SE824 vs. SE950 in MC9090-K

E Efkan YILMAZ 3 years 5 months ago
0 4 0

All, I have a customer that has a mixture of MC9090-K with 1D laser scanners.  The older units have the SE824 scan engine and the newer units have the SE950 scan engine.  They are having a problem scanning some of their barcodes with the SE950.  The barcodes are highly reflective and they aren't able to scan them unless they are more than 5 feet away from the barcode.  Even then, the read rate is poor compared to the SE824.  The older units with the SE824 have no problem reading the barcodes and can scan them from a shorter distance.  Is anyone aware of any settings we can make to the SE950 in the CtlPanel application to make it perform more similar to the SE824? Thanks, Ken

Please Register or Login to post a reply

4 Replies

Y Yusuf Dalal

Hi Ken: I am not sure there is any other scanner setting that the user can try. The best thing to do would be to file an SPR. I dont know if this is a hw limitation and would best be answered by the SE950 team. Regards, Yusuf PS: Btw does the user try different angles to prevent reflection?

Y Yusuf Dalal

The user could try setting the beam width to narrow. Go to CtlPanel ->Scanner settings->Reader Params->Beam Width. See if that helps.

E Efkan YILMAZ

Yusuf, I tried that setting, but no luck.  If I make a photocopy of the barcode to get it off the reflective stock, the photocopy scans great up close.

Y Yusuf Dalal

Hi Ken: I am not sure there is any other scanner setting that the user can try. The best thing to do would be to file an SPR. I dont know if this is a hw limitation and would best be answered by the SE950 team. Regards, Yusuf

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?