RS507 paired to MC9596

// Expert user has replied.
S Stephen Vye 3 years 5 months ago
0 4 0

Hi All, I have a partner that paired the RS507 to the MC9596 using the Show BT address available in the MC95, but there is no BT Control Panel that allows the scanner to be mapped to a virtual com port. Is the RS507 suported on the MC9595, or will it soon be? I know the MC9596 has an SE4500 inside, they want this for ergonomics, and they can reach higher with the RS507... Cheers Steve Vye

Please Register or Login to post a reply

4 Replies

J Jeff Bean

Just received the following from Amnon Ish-Hurwitz: Support is coming as part of MPA 2.0 Rev B later this year. I will post a reply on DevCentral as soon as I get the updated schedule.

Amnon Ish-Hurwitz

Mobile Computing Division

Enterprise Mobility Business

Motorola, Inc.

P Prashanth Kadur

Steve, RS507 is not supported for use with MC9500. As far as I know there are no plans. - Prashanth Kadur

S Stephen Vye

Hi Guys, Now I've got two conflicting answers, which one is right - Supported or Not Supported? I've just told the customer and partner to try it with Datawedge, and kept an Intermec SR61ex at bay for now - but I think I'm about to get egg on my face.

E Efkan YILMAZ

Steve, You need an application to drive the RS507.  DataWedge 3.2 supports the RS507.  Once you scan the pairing barcode off the MC95 screen, you can configure DataWedge to use it. Ken

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?