MC3190 CE6 Remote Desktop password saving

// Expert user has replied.
K Kultida Chatarupachewin 3 years 5 months ago
22 3 0

I've been trying to enable password save in RD client on MC3190 CE6.0. This feature was available on MC3090 CE5.0, so my customer who changed to buy the new model complaining a lot. They don't want users to type in user/password everytime they login. I was able to add the checkbox "Remember my password" to the credential window by changing below registry to zero. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\Terminal Services\DisablePasswordSaving But it l ooks like WindowsCE still disable credential Network password saving. I'm trying to look for Registry key that can enable the credential password saving. Anyone familia with this issue??
Thank you. 

Please Register or Login to post a reply

3 Replies

H Howard Laser

These registry keys will work as long as the RDP session is initiated from the program itself. The password will not be saved if launched from a saved RDP file. As per Microsoft,
Windows CE reads saved passwords, but does not have the ACLs to securely write passwords.

E Efkan YILMAZ

We have worked around this issue in the past by having a script start the client then send the required key strokes to navigate to the required screen then automatically enter the required password.  During this period it disables the touch screen and keypad, so the user cannot interfere with the sequence. Whilst a workaround it does allow an automated login when the terminal starts. The password/script can be encryprted.

E Efkan YILMAZ

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\Terminal Services] "DisablePasswordSaving"=dword:0

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\Terminal Services] "DisablePasswordSaving"=dword:0

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?