MC95: dpi resolution on RDP

// Expert user has replied.
S Samuel Garcia Blanco 3 years 5 months ago
1 3 0

1) 12 May 2010 2) 2 days 3) MC95 4) All 5) 2126534 In MC95 (VGA display) we are forcing from factory the 192dpi in the OS for the fonts, buttons, etc, to be accessible for the users. If we used the native 96dpi every element on the screen would be too small to be easily used, but still sharp. When you connect to a remote server using RDP the resolution of that connection is the native 96dpi making really hard to work on the remote server/application. I couldn't find any way to change that on server or client and increasing the font size on the server doesn't affect every element on the application, therefore that is not a good solution. Question: Do you now any way to change this behavior? If not, do you see any chance to have a SPR for this and a ticket with MS if proceeds? Thanks for advise!

Please Register or Login to post a reply

3 Replies

S Samuel Garcia Blanco

David, That option along with the screen resolution get disabled in the remote session. Even if I change it manually on the server before establishing the connection the changes don´t have effect remotely. Any other suggestion? Would you consider this an SPR?

D David Meyer

I don't think this is actually a bug, so I don't think it can be an SPR.  The dpi in use is matching our display's setting.  I guess this is also why the option is disabled on the remote server.  I would suggest opening a GRIP to try and get this adding in the future.  It would have to either be a Microsoft change or some kind of display driver change where our driver supports different dpi (I don't know enough about display drivers to know if that is possible). -Dave

D David Meyer

Have you tried on the remove server, selecting Control Panel > Display > Settings tab > Advanced, and selecting a different DPI setting there? -Dave

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?