PPT8846 - Lockup When Scanning

// Expert user has replied.
K Kenneth Ryan 3 years 5 months ago
0 4 0

1.  9:25 AM 5/17/2010 2.  3 Day 3.  PPT8846 4.  PPC2003 Plat 33 5.  2130796 My customer is getting random lockups when scanning using third party application. I got Symscript logs to see if I could see anything. Looking at the attached Symscript logs at Resource.csv customer advised me device locked up around 5/14/2010 at around 19:44. I dont see a reboot here.  What I do see is boot count went from 6 to 8, boot count 7 was missing....perhaps a lockup occured here?  This was confusing to me. Why would the boot count 7 be missing?

Please Register or Login to post a reply

4 Replies

K Kenneth Ryan

Thats my next step.

K Kenneth Ryan

On going problem, according to the customer from the start of their use of the device.  Its taken a few years for them to bring it to our attention. Information I have is limited, happens while scanning in the third party app.  They use the same third party app on MC70 with no issues, so its limited to their PPT8846 population. Supposedly after a lockup the device will not recognize warm boot.  It wont even respond to the key sequence.  I was on the phone with the customer and he advised me he was pressing proper buttons.  Only a cold boot will resolve the issue.  But I dont see that on the logs indicated, as boot count should go back to 0 if that happens.

G George Dellaratta

I wish they had contacted us when they first started seeing this problem.  Can they reproduce this problem using the scanning sample?

G George Dellaratta

The only way that I can come up with where a boot would not be recorded (unless something went horribly wrong) is that a second cold boot was initiated before the first one completed. There is a 6 minute gap in the log between 19:38 and 19:44 where logging stopped.  This could be a lockup. Is this an on-going problem or has something changed which seems to introduce this failure?

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?