Setting Time on AAP via Switch?

// Expert user has replied.
B Brian Safran 3 years 5 months ago
0 4 0

Is there a way to setup NTP on AAP 7131's via the RFS7000? Can the RFS7000 act as an NTP Server to the AAP's or do they have to go to an external NTP server?

Please Register or Login to post a reply

4 Replies

A Arnold Joseph Ballesteros

With v4.3 being released,  I still do not see the NTP on AAP feature  from its Release Notes.  Any idea when will this feature be available? 

K Kevin Marshall

Brian, From looking at my Wireless Controller which is running 4.3.0.0-059R it does appear you can set the NTP server for Adaptive Access Points. Here are the AAP specific options which are available from the CLI: rfs4000-2(config-wireless)# ap aa-bb-cc-dd-ee-ff ?     aap-admin-passwd - Configure aap admin password     aap-ipfilter-list - AAP IPFilter list     aap-lan1-ipf-rules - AAP Lan 1 IPFilter rules     aap-lan1-trunking - Configure trunking on LAN1 of AAP     aap-log-storage - Configure storage of AAP log messages file     aap-ntp-srvr - Configure aap NTP server     aap-syslog-srvr - Configure aap syslog output     country-code - Configure the country of operation.     leds - Configure ap LEDs     location - Configure the ap-location description for this ap     name - Configure the ap-name for this ap     radio-config - Set radio configuration (client, sensor etc) Configuring NTP for AAPs is not however available in the WiNG UI. Regards, Kevin

A Alona Gian

Not right now. It's addressed in WING 4.3 release.

W William Honig

Presently there is no method of pushing an AAP’s NTP server setting from a parent RFS switch. I opened SPR #18381 against this and ECRT stated the feature might be available within the upcoming v4.3 WiNG release. For right now you’d have to apply the NTP server setting directly to the AAP’s through SNMP or some other manual config means.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?