Windows CE5 - Disable Input Autocomplete

// Expert user has replied.
C Charles Malm 3 years 5 months ago
21 6 0

I have a customer that wishes to disable AutoComplete for IE on his MC9090 CE device.

I was not able to locate a setting similar to the WM applet on the CE device either. Is this a reg key only setting-- If so, what is it?

Please Register or Login to post a reply

6 Replies

C Charles Malm

Thanks George, I'll have my customer test this as I was unable to repro

C Charles Malm

The webpage is attempting to guess as he types, he has screenshots of this. I have been trying to reproduce / get steps from him to reproduce but given the below I now suspect that his app may be creating the autocomplete list through ajax on his website.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa452009.aspx

Desktop Internet Explorer functionalities that are not supported in IE for Windows CE

The following list shows desktop Internet Explorer functionalities that are not supported in IE for Windows CE.

Intelliform features such as autocomplete and save password

Unless we changed this for our build of IE, I don't think theres anything else I can do for him.

C Charles Malm

Looks like I jumped the gun on that one...

From the same page:

IESAMPLE also implements the AutoComplete functionality that completes entries on Web pages by displaying a list of previous matching entries

So how can this be disabled?

G George Dellaratta

IESample in CE5 is based on IE6.  IE6 supports this registry key to disable autocomplete.  I don't have the means to test whether or not this functionality from Big Windows IE6 made it into CE5 IESample.
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER \Software \Microsoft \Windows \CurrentVersion \Explorer\AutoComplete]

AutoSuggest = "No"

C Charles Malm

Clarification: The customer is getting the auto complete behavior when using a login form for their website.

G George Dellaratta

Can you reproduce this? Do you mean that the username is pre-populated or does it attempt to guess as the username is populated?

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?