Enabling more than 4 x WLAN's on WS2000???

// Expert user has replied.
H Harry Banias 3 years 5 months ago
0 5 0

My customer just noticed that enabling more than 4 x WLAN;s on a WS2K does not seem to work. When you scan for WLAN;s you can only see the first 4. Hence if I disable WLAN1, and enable WLAN2, 3, 4, 5, you cannot see WLAN5. Is this a known issue??? I've used all sorts of firmware (even 2.4.4 released last week) with AP300's. No luck.

Please Register or Login to post a reply

5 Replies

H Harry Banias

All, Let me ask the question a different way as well. Given (as Chris righfully mentioned) we have 4 BSSID's, hence I should be able to see 4 WLAN's broadcasting at any one time. So do we have a document explaining how BSS to ESS works with our WLAN products? Regards Harry

D David Fischer

I have tested this and observed that when you enable all 8 wlans they appear to not be mapping evenly to the BSSID's. For instance wlan 1, 2, 3 and 4 are all mapped to different BSSID's but it appears that 6, 5, 7 and 8 are mapped to the same BSSID that wlan 4 is. When Wlan 4 is disabled you start to see wlan 5 but not 6, 7 or 8. This is also the case when only wlan 5, 6, 7 and 8 are enabled. Only one of them can be observed at a time. It does appear that these are all mapped to the same BSSID. When the same test is performed on a WiNG switch you can verify what BSSID each wlan is mapped to and can see that there are only two mapped to each BSSID. When you disable one the other can be found. Does anyone know of a CLI command that would show the BSSID mapping of the wlans for the WS2000?

T Timothy Brophy

Harry, The documentation that I have on this is here: http://motopedia.mot.com/wiki/Multi-BSSID Your customer can reach it here: http://motopedia.motorola.com/motopedia/index.php/Multi-BSSID

C Chris Devereux

Hi Harry, there are only 4 BSSIDs per radio on the AP300, so only the first 4 SSIDs will beacon.  If you try to connect to the 5th WLAN (rather than just scan for it) then you'll pick it up and connect.

H Harry Banias

Chris, That's the point why I was so confused.....Why don't I see the WLAN5 when 2,3,4and 5 are only enabled? Or even 3,4, 5,6 for that matter?

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?