Motorola Remote Control Java Error

// Expert user has replied.
E Efkan YILMAZ 3 years 5 months ago
0 4 0

Hello, today I did an upgrade from MSP 3.2.0 (Control Edition) to MSP 3.3.0 (Control Edition).  I used the MSP Admin Tool to import the Motorola Remote Control AddOn Kit "MotorolaRemoteControl_1.3.1.29_1_20091014.zip". We added MRC package to a bundle and created a prov. policy. MRC was installed and under the Device Details the link "Motorola Remote Control" was there. I clicked on that link and the window comes up to get connected to the device. If I click on "Connect" an java error comes up. I clicked on details and the result of that output is attached to this post. Error: Load class com.mot.mrc.RemoteViewer.class not found The customer is using JRE V1.6. Does anybody got this error and has resolution or know what the problem could be. Thank for help. Thomas

Please Register or Login to post a reply

4 Replies

E Efkan YILMAZ

Hi Thomas, May you share what setting is? I've found the same issue in a customer. Thank you Ignacio

E Efkan YILMAZ

.. just to let you know if you have installed MSP on MS Server 2008 / 2008 R2 with IIS default config and want to use Motorola Remote Control you most likely have the issue that the MRC Java applet (Connection Manager) can not be downloaded/executed on your workstation. If tis is the case you have to install the Role Service "Static Content" for the "Web Server -> Common HTTP Features".

K Krishna Raja

Thomas,

Looks like there is a security setting which is denying the download of the jar file. It could be the firewall blocking the download

Can you verify whether the mrc_signed.jar exists in the Motorola MSP\web\downloads folder where the MSP is installed?

Can you also try after logging to MSP console in a new window following request

http:\\128srvmde01\MSP.web\Downloads\mrc_signed.jar

If you don't find the jar in the MSP folder or 2nd check did not ask to download  the jar file then there is a security issue. We need to investigate further
Thanks
Krishna 

E Efkan YILMAZ

Hi Krishna, problem solved. It was IE security setting. Thanks for help. Thomas

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?