Auto acknowledge WM connection error

// Expert user has replied.
M Marcus Kurath 3 years 5 months ago
3 4 0

I have a customer running a field rental operation using MC7598 on the verizon network. Intermittently  the device pops up a connection error and the user cannot proceed with working until they dismiss the message. The problem starts when the field user decides to read the  screen and tries to change the settings.... As a result, the organization would like to either automatically close this windoe or automatically press the dismiss button. I checked with support, and they advised that this could not be closed using wincloser A screen shot of the message is attached Any Ideas???

Please Register or Login to post a reply

4 Replies

E Eric Liner

Mark,  Can you please elaborate on what you mean when you say ' problem starts when the field user decides to read the screen and tries to change the settings'?  The error that pops up is a standard Winmo connection error.  However, it does not show exactly what the underlying problem is.  There could be a variety of causes.  The best bet is to get a ticket opened to have Tier 2 open a Sharepoint case with Sierra to collect SWIlogs to investigate the problem. 

M Marcus Kurath

When I refer to the problem, I'm talking about a user productivity  issue. When the condition arises which triggers this message, the resolution is typically press the "Dismiss" button and all is well. Sometimes the user selects the "settings" and that is an opportunity to misconfigure the device and disable the WAN interface. How do I open a case with Sierra---would this be done through the motorola Support center??

E Eric Liner

Yes, open a ticket through the Motorola Help Desk - 800-653-5350 and ask to escalate to Tier 2.  Tier 2 will open the ticket and engage Sierra.  I'm curious as to how all can be well when the user presses dismiss to the #777 connection error when the problem is still there? Thanks

E Eric Liner

Mark,  Can you please elaborate on what you mean when you say ' problem starts when the field user decides to read the screen and tries to change the settings'?  The error that pops up is a standard Winmo connection error.  However, it does not show exactly what the underlying problem is.  There could be a variety of causes.  The best bet is to get a ticket opened to have Tier 2 open a Sharepoint case with Sierra to collect SWIlogs to investigate the problem. 

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?