WM6.5 MSP Upgrade for MC55xx

// Expert user has replied.
M Michael Holman 3 years 5 months ago
9 3 0

Has anyone tried to install WM6.5 Upgrade via MSP (UG package) yet? I tried both 5574 and 5590 and got errors on both. I have attached screenshots of the errors. Devices had 7.02.79 agent to at the start. The 5574 aborted the update when it got to the keyboard files. It also placed the APD file in the packages directory so I needed to "UNINSTALL" before it would load it again.  I probaby could have done a force install but did not try. The 5590 I am not sure where it was as I was distracted by customer call. I am going to run it again. Any suggestions? I am going to open a case of course.

Please Register or Login to post a reply

3 Replies

J Jimmy Joseph

Looking at the screen shots looks like you are trying the update with .apf (55x4w65LenAB033804.apf), whereas .apf (55x4w65LenUG033804.apf) should be used to upgrade from WM6.1 to WM6.5 via MSP/AirBEAM.. Please refer to WM6.1 -  WM6.5 MSPUpgrade Instructions.doc WM6.1 - WM6.5 MSPUpgrade Instructions available at support central download page.

.apf is used for WM6.5 to WM6.5 updates. Please upgrade from WM6.1 to WM6.5 using .apf.

E Efkan YILMAZ

Hi, It worked OK for me updating with MSP3.3 UG WM6.5 (BSP38) apf file onto MC7596 (previously BSP27 - WM6.1). Electronic stagging. The Application directory backup procedure (AppBackup) saved correctly. I would like to suggest more detailed information on support.symbol.com download page ( http://support.symbol.com/support/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=k…) because upgrade / update difference is not clear at all, it will generate useless support calls. David

M Michael Holman

Thanks for the brain check.  I had bundled the wrong package. Working great now!

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?